The IPHS 2018 Yokohama Conference is beginning from this weekend!
(Pre-forum on Planning History of Yokohama (in Japanese) will kick off the IPHS 2018 conference on July 15th)
The organising committee is pleased to tell you the important information below. Please check them before your departure for Yokohama!
The panel program has been revised to correspond to the requests from presenters and fix mistakes. We would like you to ask to confirm it once again. You can download the program in PDF here.
Please let us know immediately in case you find any mistakes.
Notes Concerning Presentation
1) Time for Presentation
Each panel is 105 minutes long. Generally a panel is composed of 4 presenters, so the standard time allocated to each presenter is 25 minutes long that consists of 15 minutes of talk and 10 minutes of Q&A more or less.
– The projector with VGA input (mini D-sub 15pin) is prepared by the organizers.
– A Windows laptop (Win 10, 64bit) with PowerPoint 2016 installed is available at the venue including the Round tables. You can also use your own laptop. For a laptop computer without VGA output such as MacBook, an adaptor required should be prepared by the presenter.
– Please be noted that there will be no special audio equipment such as audio speaker system.
– There are no devices or capable people for automatic translation or simultaneous translation.
Round table is a session with neither a formal presentation nor an abstract, however fulfilling discussion in a specific theme will be provided by the moderators.
IPHS 2018 Yokohama offers you an occasion to present your books and articles on planning history to the audience who are likely to be interested in for sure. Especially those who have recently published your books, welcome to join us!
The information about social programs were finally released. Registration and additional cost is required for evening tours, conference dinner and excursions. We appreciate it if you would finalize the payment on PayPal via the website below.
– Reception (July 16th)
– Evening Tour (July 17th)
– Conference Dinner (July 18th)
– Excursion (July 19th)
– Sketch Exhibition: From Architectural Ethnography to Planning (July 16-18)
– Panel Exhibition: Planning and Heritage: Yokohama’s Urban Planning History and its Legacy
We will update our website up until the end of conference. Please keep an eye on our website!
We are looking forward to seeing you soon.